We've outlined our terms and conditions to ensure that you, the customer, are completely informed about our operating procedures. Read below to find out more.
The following terms and conditions:
1. apply to any repair service performed or attempted on your electronic device by Pinglinks (“Repair Service”).
2. commence from the date you book in your Device and receive your job ticket, and continue until Pinglinks has repaired or otherwise returned your Device (whichever is sooner) and received any payment due from you.
1. If you are unsure of the fault with your Device, we will carry out a Diagnostic Service on your Device for a non-refundable cost (“Diagnosis Fee”). We accept no responsibility for unseen internal damage on commencing the Diagnostic Service of your Device.
2. If you are sure of the fault with your Device, you may forgo the Diagnostic Service and book a specific Repair Service, for which you will be provided with an estimated cost of repair (“Service Fee”).
3. If you decline the Diagnostic Service, we accept no responsibility if the Repair Service is unsuccessful and you will not receive a refund of the Service Fee except:
(i) where the Repair Service included the installation of a part with no Water Damage Repair, we will remove the part and refund the Service Fee minus our Labour Charge.
(ii) where the Repair Service did not include the installation of a part or Water Damage Repair, we will refund 50% of the Labour Charge.
4. If we diagnose that the Device is not repairable, the Diagnosis Fee remains payable.
By booking a Repair Service, you authorise us to render the repair service described on your job ticket. If your Device has multiple faults, other than initially identified/described, we will not proceed to repair the additional fault(s) without your authorisation.
We do not guarantee that a device advertised as waterproof will remain waterproof following completion of the Repair Service whether or not the Repair Service is successful.
By booking a Repair Service, you acknowledge that any Repair Service rendered by us may void the manufacturer warranty, if any, for your Device. We do not assume any liability or warranty if the manufacturer warranty for your Device is voided.
1. Unless otherwise agreed, you are solely responsible for backing up any data on your Device and deleting, encrypting or otherwise protecting your data (including the removal of any SIM and/or memory cards).
2. We will not back up or restore your data and we do not accept responsibility for any data loss, corruption, deletion, or alteration, and hardware or software failure.
SIM and Memory Cards
A damaged device that is partially functioning may, during the Diagnostic/Repair Service become further damaged or inoperable due to unseen damage and movement of required components during repair (“Further Damage”). We do not accept responsibility for Further Damage unless any such damage results from our negligence or wilful misconduct.
1. Your Device may have a faulty motherboard if a screen replacement does not resolve a fault with your Device’s display.
2. If you return your Device within seven (7) days of an unsuccessful screen replacement, you may:
(i) book a Diagnostic Service;
(ii) book a Repair Service to fix the fault diagnosed;
(iii) subject to H.3 and H.4 below, request a refund of the Service Fee and a reinstallation of your Device’s old screen.
3. In the event of an unsuccessful screen replacement, you will only receive a full refund of the Service Fee if a Diagnostic Service was rendered prior to the screen replacement.
4. You acknowledge and agree that if an old screen is capable of being reinstalled, we are unable to reinstall it in the same condition prior to its removal.
Each Service Fee includes a charge for time and effort spent by our technicians (“Labour Charge”). Regardless of the success of the Repair Service, the Labour Charge is not refundable unless otherwise indicated or agreed.
1. The Repair Service for water or other liquid damage (“Water Damage”) is more complex than may first appear. The nature of Water Damage means that there can be multiple simultaneous faults on your Device caused by corrosion of tiny electrical components. To repair this, we need to remove the corrosion, which sometimes can completely break damaged connections causing Further Damage. Even if your Device only has a small fault, Water Damage corrosion can weaken connections over time, and we cannot guarantee that your Device will survive the repair.
2. If the Water Damage is successfully cleaned, it is possible that one or more parts on your Device may need to be replaced. Any such replacement will increase the initial Service Fee.
Water Damage Repairs
1. If you opt to provide the part(s) needed to repair your Device, we do not guarantee that the part is functional. If the part is not functional, the Service Fee for its installation remains payable, and if already paid, you will not receive a refund.
2. You must clearly label/mark each part that you provide to us.
Parts Provided by You
1. We shall not be liable to you for any delay in or failure of performance of our obligations under these Terms & Conditions arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control.
2. In the event that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms & Conditions, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
3. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
4. These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Repair/Diagnostic Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms & Conditions).
5. Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms & Conditions shall not be construed against the drafting party.
6. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms & Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Repair/Diagnostic Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms & Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
7. You may review the most current version of these Terms & Conditions at any time at this page.
8. Questions about the Terms & Conditions may be sent to us at
9. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Jamaica and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jamaican Courts.